advancing the well being and status
of women, children, and families.....
NCJW advocates on key principles to advance the well-being and status of women, children and families:
- Comprehensive women’s health care services
- Economic empowerment of women
- Opposition to harassment, violence and abuse
- Separation of religion and state
- Equal rights and opportunities for women
- Support a secure Israel and the well-being of all its people
NCJW national advocacy projects:
- BenchMark: NCJW’s judicial nomination’s campaign to save Roe v. Wade.
- PLAN A: NCJW's campaign for contraceptive access as well as comprehensive, medically accurate, age appropriate sexuality education for children and adolescents.
- HIGHER GROUND: NCJW's Domestic Violence Campaign is a national effort to end domestic violence by improving the status of women. Higher ground educated and mobilizes advocates, community members and decision makers to promote progressive policy solutions that champion women.
- PROMOTE THE VOTE, PROTECT THE VOTE: NCJW's campaign to extend voting privileges to all citizens, and to oppose laws that suppress access to the voting booth.
- Voices for Reproductive Choices is an emergency action campaign designed to help powerful NCJW advocates speak out against current attacks to women’s reproductive health and rights. NCJW strongly supports birth control inclusion in health care plans, and access to a full range of reproductive health care choices and services.
NCJW continues to actively advocate in Tallahassee and in Washington, D.C. on behalf of women, children and families.
To receive NCJW Action Alerts on public policy issues in the US and Israel sign up at www.ncjw.org